Low Cal Lamb Casserole
|Boneless leg lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, fat trimmed and cut into thin slices|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Eggplant||1 , peeled and diced|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow squash/Zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Lima beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Canned beef bouillon||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
1) Spread aluminum foil and put lamb on it. Broil it until lightly browned on both sides.
2) Take a 3 1/2-quart casserole, arrange different layers of potatoes, carrots, eggplant, and celery.
3) Season with salt and pepper. Arrange half lamb and half squash, onion, lima beans layer and lamb slices.
4) Sprinkle some salt and pepper on each layer. Then, top it with tomato slices.
5) Mix together bouillon, Tabasco sauce, garlic, and dill weed and pour it in the casserole.
6) Bake the casserole for an hour at 350 degrees until lamb and vegetables are tender.
7) Serve lamb casserole with some steamed rice.
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.6 mg38.9%
Sodium 413.1 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 45 g89.6%
Vitamin A 97% Vitamin C 47.5%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet