Low Cal Lamb Casserole
|Boneless leg lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, fat trimmed and cut into thin slices|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Eggplant||1 , peeled and diced|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow squash/Zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Lima beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Canned beef bouillon||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
1) Spread aluminum foil and put lamb on it. Broil it until lightly browned on both sides.
2) Take a 3 1/2-quart casserole, arrange different layers of potatoes, carrots, eggplant, and celery.
3) Season with salt and pepper. Arrange half lamb and half squash, onion, lima beans layer and lamb slices.
4) Sprinkle some salt and pepper on each layer. Then, top it with tomato slices.
5) Mix together bouillon, Tabasco sauce, garlic, and dill weed and pour it in the casserole.
6) Bake the casserole for an hour at 350 degrees until lamb and vegetables are tender.
7) Serve lamb casserole with some steamed rice.