Zucchini Rice Casserole
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Zucchini||1 Pound (4 Medium Sized)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , diced|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), shredded (Such As Cheddar, Swiss, Jack)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated / shredded|
1) Wash the zucchini and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
2) Take a saucepan with water. Boil the water and add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
3) Put rice and onion. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
4) Take another pan and pour 1/2 cup water. Add salt and bring the water to boil.
5) Put zucchini and green pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
6) Remove the pan from heat and drain into another bowl.
7) As soon as rice is cooked, add tomato sauce and zucchini.
8) Mix them and transfer into a casserole.
9) Sprinkle cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees.
10) Serve the dish immediately.