Vegetable Beef Casserole
|Canned tomatoes||24 Ounce, thinly sliced (2 Cans Of 12 Ounce Each)|
|Yellow squash||2 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch slices (2 Small Ones)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh dill||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a 2 quart flameproof casserole dish and spread one tomato slice over the bottom.
3) Top with 1/2 the squash slices and sprinkle 1/2 the quantity of onion.
4) Sprinkle rice evenly and add the remaining onion on top.
5) Lay down squash and tomato slices in an overlapping layer.
6) Sprinkle pepper and salt. Drizzle with some oil.
7) Combine tomato paste and broth. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
8) Bring the dish to a full boil on a stove top. Cover and bake for about 40 minutes or until rice is thoroughly cooked.
9) Stir together dill and sour cream. Serve with the casserole and enjoy!
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.5 mg9.2%
Sodium 248.7 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 9 g19%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 23.1%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet