Cashew Yam Casserole
|Yams/Sweet potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound (Whole / Halved)|
|Boiled water||2 Cup (32 tbs), salted|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Pineapple juice/Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Salted cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1) Take a saucepan with water. Boil the water and cook the potatoes for 30 minutes in boiling water.
2) Drain the potatoes and peel them.
3) Mash the boiled potatoes.
4) Add salt, egg, cinnamon, juice and sugar. Beat the mixture well.
5) Add 2 tablespoons butter and mix the mixture well.
6) Take a souffle dish and pour the mixture into it.
7) Take the remaining butter in a pan and put cashews. Toast them and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
8) Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
9) Serve the dish immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2331 Calories from Fat 621
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.8%
Saturated Fat 30.2 g150.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 308.2 mg102.7%
Sodium 695 mg29%
Total Carbohydrates 400 g133.3%
Dietary Fiber 51.4 g205.7%
Sugars 66.2 g
Protein 36 g72.6%
Vitamin A 59% Vitamin C 369.7%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 66.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet