Cashew Yam Casserole
|Yams/Sweet potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound (Whole / Halved)|
|Boiled water||2 Cup (32 tbs), salted|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Pineapple juice/Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Salted cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1) Take a saucepan with water. Boil the water and cook the potatoes for 30 minutes in boiling water.
2) Drain the potatoes and peel them.
3) Mash the boiled potatoes.
4) Add salt, egg, cinnamon, juice and sugar. Beat the mixture well.
5) Add 2 tablespoons butter and mix the mixture well.
6) Take a souffle dish and pour the mixture into it.
7) Take the remaining butter in a pan and put cashews. Toast them and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
8) Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
9) Serve the dish immediately.