Company Breakfast Casserole
|Shredded hashbrowns||16 Ounce, thawed (frozen and packaged)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped and divided|
|Ground pork sausage||1 Pound, browned and drained|
|Green pepper/Red pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (can)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic salt||To Taste (Optional)|
1. In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk and seasonings.
2. In a lightly greased 9"x9" baking pan, spread hash browns.
3. Make the layers of half the onion, sausage, remaining onion, green pepper, mushrooms and cheese.
4. Stream egg mixture all over the top of casserole and cover with aluminium foil and refrigerate overnight.
5. Next morning, bake, covered, in preheated oven at 350 F for 45 to 60 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes more, or until golden and a knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
8. Serve hot as desired.
To make southwestern version leave out the mushrooms and add black olives, monterey jack cheese and serve with sauce on the side.
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 271.5 mg90.5%
Sodium 542.3 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 23.2%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet