Light Ham Casserole
|All purpose potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||5 Tablespoon|
|Marjoram||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), skimmed|
|Dijon style mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
|Frozen baby carrots||1 Pound (1 Bag, Unthawed)|
|Turkey ham slices||12 Ounce, cut into 2x1/2-inch strips (92% To 95% Fat Free)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven at 425 degrees.
2) Take a big saucepan and boil water. Cook the potatoes in the boiling water for 10 minutes.
3) Take a nonstick Dutch oven and heat it over high heat.
4) Pour oil and sautÃ© onion along with red pepper for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add the flour, pepper and marjoram along with milk. Boil them for 2 minutes.
6) Add mustard and all the cheddar cheese ( except 1 tablespoon) to the onion-pepper mixture.
7) Cook for few seconds till the cheese is melted.
8) Remove from the heat and add potatoes, carrots, parsley and ham.
9) Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil.
10) Bake the dish for 30 minutes at 425 degrees.
11) Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese and again bake for 5 minutes.
12) Serve the dish immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2639 Calories from Fat 771
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.4%
Saturated Fat 41.4 g206.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 399.1 mg133%
Sodium 5520.8 mg230%
Total Carbohydrates 325 g108.2%
Dietary Fiber 42.1 g168.3%
Sugars 72.5 g
Protein 146 g292%
Vitamin A 1406.3% Vitamin C 688.7%
Calcium 181.4% Iron 102.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet