Provencale Vegetable Casserole
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Red pepper||1 Medium, cored and cut into cubes|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cored and cut into cubes|
|Zucchini||4 Medium, sliced 3/4 inch thick|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled, seeded and cut into coarse cubes|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut into chunks.
2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt on it and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Place in paper towels to dry.
4. In a large frying pan heat oil.
5. Add onions, garlic, and sautÃ© for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in red and green peppers, cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add eggplant and fry for 3 minutes to brown lightly.
8. Add zucchini, tomatoes, and seasonings, except parsley.
9. Cook uncovered over simmering heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
10. Baste the vegetables often.
11. Cook covered and reduce heat.
12. Discard bay leaf and chili.
13. Garnish with parsley.
14. Serve hot or cold.
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1074.9 mg44.8%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 4 g9%
Vitamin A 39.4% Vitamin C 152.7%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet