Cabbage Tomato Casserole
|Cabbage||5 Cup (80 tbs), shredded|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained tomato juice|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (medium)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Processed cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated or shredded|
1. Grease a 1 quart ovenproof casserole and keep it aside.
2. Preheat the oven to moderate, 350°F/ 180°c/ gas mark 4.
3. In a saucepan put a little water and steam until tender crisp.
4. Drain the excess water.
5. Take the greased casserole dish and put the cabbage at the base of the dish followed by tomatoes, onions and crumbs.
6. Now pour the juice and add the seasonings.
7. Cover with the lid or an aluminium foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8. Take it out, remove the cover and bake again for 10 more minutes.
9. Take it out sprinkle the cheese on top and then bake again uncovered for 5 minutes more, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
10. Remove and let it rest for 5 minutes.
11. Serve hot as a side dish with roasts or sunday barbeques.