|Fish steaks||1 Pound (Or Fillets, 450 Grams, Cod, Haddock, Monkfish, Whiting, Salmon Or Eel, Etc.)|
|Thick cornflour paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Assorted shellfish||8 Ounce (225 Grams, Prawns, Scallops, Mussels, Oysters Or Whelks, Etc)|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||5 Small, soaked|
|Bean curd cakes||2|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Lettuce leaves/Chinese leaves||4 (A Few)|
|Stock/Water||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Lean pork||2 Ounce, thinly shredded (50 Grams)|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh root ginger||5 Small|
|Spring onions||2 , cut in short sections|
|Fresh coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. To prepare the fish cut them into several small chunks, mix with the salt, egg white and cornflour paste.
2. Shell or peel the shellfish as necessary.
3. Squeeze dry the mushrooms, discard any hard stalks and thinly shred.
4. Cut each cake of bean-curd into 16 pieces.
5. In a wok or deep-fryer heat the oil and fry the bean-curd pieces for 3-4 minutes until golden, remove and drain.
6. Deep-fry the fish pieces in the same oil for 3-4 minutes until golden, remove and drain.
7. With the lettuce or Chinese leaves, line a casserole add about 3-4 tablespoons stock or water.
8. In the casserole, place the bean-curd and fish pieces add the shellfish, mushrooms, pork, seasonings and the remaining stock.
9. Bring to the boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat and braise under cover for 10-15 minutes.
10. Serve hot, garnished with sprigs of coriander leaves.
Calories 468 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.5 mg34.8%
Sodium 1332.6 mg55.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 43 g85.7%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 57.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet