Broccoli Rice Casserole
Long Grain Rice- 2 cups
Fresh Mushrooms- 1 cup, chopped fine
Onions- 1-1/2 medium size, chopped fine
Flour- 1 cup
Chicken Stock- 1 to 1-1/2 cups
Whipping Cream- 3 cups
Bread Crumbs- 2 cups
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a pot, cook the rice in salted boiling water for 18 minutes.
3) In the colander drain the rice and reserve the water.
4) Add chicken stock in rice water to flavour it, and blanch broccoli until tender.
5) In a sauce pan, melt butter and sautÃ© mushrooms and onions.
6) Stir in the chicken stock to taste, flour, and whipping cream.
7) Season to taste and blend well.
8) Spoon the rice in bottom of a large casserole dish, and place broccoli over it.
9) Smear the onions and mushrooms over the rice.
10) Dredge bread crumbs over the mushroom mixture, and mark with melted butter.
11) Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until heated through.
12) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley.