Beef And Chili Casserole
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|No salt tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Hot cooked egg noodles||3 Cup (48 tbs), without salt|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green chilies||4 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Monterey jack cheese/3/4 cup||3 Ounce, shredded|
1) Take a large skillet and coat it with cooking spray.
2) Take a 12-x 8- x 2-inch baking dish and coat with cooking spray.
3) Add meat and onions to the skillet; cook until browned, stirring to crumble meat.
4) Drain the meat well from skillet; pat with paper towels to remove excess oil.
5) With paper towel, wipe pan drippings from skillet.
6) Return meat to skillet; stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, and garlic powder.
7) Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8) Set the mixture aside.
9) In the bottom of the baking dish, spoon cooked egg noodles and spread evenly.
10) Combine cottage cheese, yogurt, and chiles.
11) Spoon the mixture over noodles.
12) Spread reserved beef mixture over cottage cheese mixture.
13) Cover the baking sheet and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
14) Remove from oven, and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
15) Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
16) Serve the casserole along with crusty bread and green salad.