Fillets Of Sole En Casserole
|Parsley sprigs||4 , chopped|
|Green onions||2 , chopped|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sole fillets||2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a skillet, add parsley, green onions, salt, pepper, wine and water and allow to boil.
2) Drop in the fish and poach for 10 minutes.
3) Transfer the fish to a shallow broiler-proof casserole, and continue boiling the liquid in the skillet till reduced to 1 cup.
4) In the top part of a double boiler, add 2 tablespoons butter and heat.
5) Work in the flour, fish liquid and half of the cream.
6) Stir till thick, then add in the remaining cream and the egg yolk.
7) Stirring continuously, pour a small amount of sauce over the mixture.
8) Pour the mix back into the double boiler.
9) While stirring, cook the mix a little longer, then add in the left over butter.
10) Cover the sauce with the fish and place under broiler to brown.
11) Garnish with parsley and serve.