Romertopf Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
|Streaky bacon||4 Ounce|
|Grated cheese||4 Ounce|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the macaroni al dente. Drain. Set aside.
3) In a small pan containing boiling water, hard-boil the eggs.
4) In a saucepan, melt butter. Mix in flour and cook till the raw flavour disappears.
5) Slowly add in the stock into the flour. Cook to get an even consistency.
6) Turn down the flame and slowly add in the grated cheese. Keep stirring so no lumps remain. Sprinkle pepper and mix well.
7) In a soaked romertopf, add in half the amount of romertopf. Pour half of the cheese sauce over it.
8) Slice the bacon soft. Divide the hard-boiled eggs into halves. Add the bacon and eggs over the macaroni.
9) Pour the remaining sauce and macaroni over this.
10) Cover the romertopf and cook for 30 minutes in the oven.
11) Take the lif off and sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs.
12) Bake for another 10 minutes till the top has browned well.
13) Serve the Romertopf Macaroni and Cheese Casserole hot, garnished with chopped parsley.