Romertopf Noodle Casserole
|Noodles||1⁄2 Pound (wide variety best)|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (1 small tin)|
|Cooked ham||6 Ounce|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Boil the noodles -€” don't let them become too soft.
2) Cut the ham into strips.
3) Finely chop the onions.
4) Soak the Romertopf.
5) Heat the oven to 475 F-Gas mark 9.
6)In the romertopf, put half of the noodles in the bottom and spread the ham strips over the noodles.
7) Mix together the eggs, cream, grated cheese, finely chopped onion, and parsley and finally the mushrooms.
8) Pour half this mixture over the noodles, then add another layer of noodles and finally the rest of the egg mixture.
9) Scatter a few small pieces of butter on the top.
10) Cover the casserole and cook in a very hot oven for a good half hour.
11) Then remove the lid and return to the oven for about 15 minutes until a nice brown crust has formed on top.
12) Serve the noodle casserole with green salad.