Romertopf Vegetable Casserole
|Mixed vegetables||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
1) Clean the vegetables and slice them.
2) Chop the onion.
3) Soak the Romertopf.
4) Heat the oven to 400 F-Gas mark 6.
5) In the Romertopf, put the vegetables in layers, adding lots of grated cheese between.
6) Pour the cream over mushrooms and add butter in small pieces.
7) Cover the casserole and cook in a hot oven for about an hour (until the vegetables are tender).
8) Remove the lid for the last ten minutes allow the mushrooms to brown.
9) Serve the vegetable casserole with crusty bread and crispy green salad.