Chicken Noodle Casserole
|Fettuccine noodles||6 Ounce|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, shredded, divided (1 1/2 cups)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, cubed|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered or sliced|
|Parsley||2 , chopped (for garnishing)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
4. Don't rely on the package for correct cooking time. Start timing when the water returns to a boil. Most pastas cook in 8 to 12 minutes.
5. In a saucepan, place soup, 1 cup of the cheese and milk; heat until cheese is melted, stirring continuously.
6. Spread a thin layer of sauce over the baking dish; arrange half the noodles on top.
7. Add chicken to remaining sauce and pour half the sauce over noodles.
8. Layer with remaining noodles and pour remaining sauce over top.
9. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2-cup cheese and almonds
10. Bake at 350° for about 60 minutes.
11. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
12. Divide the noodles equally among 4 serving plates and sprinkle cheese for each serving.
13. Garnish with chopped parsley.