Rice Casserole With Sausage
|Mild sausage||12 Ounce|
|Long-grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), uncooked|
|Broccoli florets||20 Ounce|
|Cream of chicken soup||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||8 Ounce|
1. In a small skillet, heat oil and brown sausages and drain excess fat.
2. In a colander, rinse and wash broccoli florets and drain.
3. In a vessel, cook rice with just enough amount of water, without butter and salt
4. In a 13x9-inch baking dish, evenly spread the drained broccoli and cooked rice over it.
5. In a bowl, blend together chicken soup, milk and 3 ounces of cheese and pour over rice.
6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the rice mix.
7. Bake the casserole at 200 degrees centigrade for about 40 minutes until golden and rice tender.
8. Serve hot