Chicken Divan Jelly
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||4|
|Dried onion flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen broccoli flowerets||10 Pound, cooked and chilled (1 Package)|
|Diced cooked chicken||12 Ounce|
|Diced pimiento||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan, soak the gelatine in 1 cup of cold water.
2) Stir in bouillon and onion flakes.
3) Simmer, stirring constantly until gelatine dissolves.
4) Add the remaining water, poultry, seasoning, garlic salt and lemon juice.
5) Remove from heat, allow to cool.
6) Cover and place it in refrigerator until chill, stirring occasionally until thickened to the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
7) Dice the broccoli, reserving few pieces for garnish.
8) Lightly fold the chicken, pimiento and diced broccoli into gelatine mixture.
9) Arrange the florets in the bottom of 6 cup moulds.
10) Spoon the gelatine mixture equally in the cup moulds.
11) Place the moulds in the refrigerator until chilled.
12) Serve a small mixed salad on a serving plate and unmould the gelatine mixture on the salad, if desired.
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.8%
Saturated Fat 0.47 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.7 mg13.2%
Sodium 974.5 mg40.6%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.4%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 41 g82.7%
Vitamin A 445.5% Vitamin C 1166.7%
Calcium 38.6% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet