Tuna and Macaroni Deluxe Casserole
|Macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package, Epoundsow)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|White bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Day Old)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of celery soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Undiluted)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated to make 1 cup (1 Package)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned chunk style tuna||14 Ounce (2 Cans, 7 Ounce Each, Undrained)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Following directions on the package, cook macaroni; drain.
3. In a skillet, melt margarine; spoon 2 tablespoons and toss with bread cubes; keep aside.
4. In the remaining margarine, sautÃ© onion and green pepper for about 5 minutes until tender.
5. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in soup, milk, cheese and Worcestershire; mix until well blended.
6. Stir in tuna.
7. Into a 2-quart casserole, keep the drained macaroni.
8. Pour the tuna mixture over macaroni; mix gently.
9. Sprinkle prepared bread cubes on top.
10. Place the dish in the oven and bake uncovered for 30 minutes until bubbly and golden-brown.
11. Serve hot with tossed salad.