Eggplant And Tomato Casserole
|Eggplants||2 1⁄2 Pound (2 Medium Sized)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) (Finely Chopped)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||2 Pound (Undrained, 2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole.
3. Wash and peel eggplants; cut into 2 inch cubes.
4. In a 6-quart saucepan, simmer eggplant in a little boiling salted water for 10 minutes; drain.
5. In the mean time, in a large skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© garlic for about 3 minutes until golden.
6. Remove skillet from heat and stir in flour, tomatoes, sugar, paprika, pepper and basil.
7. Stir and cook over medium heat until mixture boils and is thickened.
8. In the prepared casserole, alternately layer eggplant cubes and tomato mixture until casserole is full.
9. Top with grated cheese.
10. Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned.
11. Serve Eggplant and Tomato Casserole with crusty or pita bread.