Calico Cheese Casserole
|Spaghetti||500 Gram (1 packet)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Eggs||4 , hard-cooked, shelled, sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Divide the spaghetti into 3-inch pieces.
3) In separate saucepans, cook the spaghetti and frozen mixed vegetables. Drain.
4) Add the mixed vegetables into the spaghetti saucepan.
5) In a medium saucepan, mely butter or margarine. Add 2 tablespoons into a small bowl and toss the bread crumbs in it.
6) Into the saucepan, add flour and salt. Cook till the mixture starts to bubble, stirring constantly. Add in milk and mustard. Cook for a minute longer till the mixture thickens and starts to bubble. Add in 2 cups of cheese. Stir till has melted completely.
7) Pour the thickened sauce over the spaghetti. Stir well.
8) Into a 8-cup shallow, baking dish, transfer half the spaghetti mixture. Arrange the egg slices on top.
9) Sprinkle the 1 cup of cheese and finally, the buttered bread crumbs on top.
10) Bake for 30 minutes or until the casserole starts to bubble.
11) Serve the Calico Cheese Casserole hot.
Calories 867 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.7%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g114.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 254.4 mg84.8%
Sodium 969.6 mg40.4%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 75% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 68% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet