Chicken And Sausage Casserole
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken thighs||10 Ounce, skinned|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato puree||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant beef broth and seasoning mix||5 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Veal sausage links||1 Ounce, cooked and thinly sliced|
1) On a paper plate or sheets of wax paper, combine together the paprika and flour. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture. Ensure that the chicken is coated well on all sides. Reserve the leftover mixture, if any.
2) Microwave the oil in a 3-quart microwavable casserole on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute. Add the onion to the casserole.
3) In the casserole, arrange the chicken, keeping the thickest potion towards the casserole-€™s edge.
4) With vented plastic wrap, cover the casserole and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes, turning the chicken over halfway through the cooking time.
5) Add the water, wine, tomato puree, broth mix, bay leaf and the reserved flour mixture. Stir well to combine.
6) Cover the casserole with the plastic wrap once again and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
7) Add the sausage and stir well to combine. Cover with the plastic once again and microwave on HIGH for another 2 minutes.
8) Allow the preparation to stand for 3 minutes so that the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove the bay leaf and discard it.
9) Serve the chicken while it is still hot. Makes a delectable and nutritious main dish.