Classic Corned Beef And Potato Casserole
|Corned beef||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon, slightly crushed|
|Hash brown potatoes with onions||34 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Boiling water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Slice the corned beef coarsely. Transfer into a 6-cup casserole. Add in mustard, caraway seeds, salt and pepper. Toss lightly.
3) Add a drop of butter or margarine on top.
4) Add in the potato and onion mix.
5) Pour the water over the mixture and stir using a fork.
6) Bake covered for 20 minutes. Stir once in between.
7) Remove the lid, stir once more. Arrange the tomato slices over the mixture. Let them overlap in a ring around the edges of the casserole.
8) Bake for 10 more minutes or until the potatoes become soft.
9) Serve the Corned Beef and Potato Casserole with a few chopped parsley leaves on top.
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.6 mg19.5%
Sodium 688.9 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.1%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 28.9%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet