Soya Bean Casserole With Crunchy Topping
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole meal breadcrumbs||4 Tablespoon (Use Fresh)|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Wholemeal flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Polyunsaturated margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Soya beans||1 Pound, cooked|
1) In a shallow dish, put 2 tablespoons of oil and on high power, heat for 1 minute.
2) To this, add the breadcrumbs and toss well.
3) Cook uncovered for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, until crispy, stirring in between. Keep aside.
4) In a medium sized bowl, combine the chopped onion, garlic and the remaining tablespoon of oil.
5) On high, cook covered for 3 minutes until soft, stirring once during cooking.
6) To this, add the tomatoes and their juice, basil and oregano.
7) Add salt and pepper to taste.
8) Cover three-quarters and on high power, cook for 5 minutes.
9) In a bowl, blend the flour and margarine together.
10) Into the tomato mixture, whisk this mix, gradually.
11) On high power, cook uncovered, for 3 minutes, or until thick stirring occasionally.
12) In a blender, puree this mixture.
13) In a casserole, put the beans.
14) Over this, pour the sauce.
15) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes, or until hot. Stir occasionally in between.
16) Serve the Soya Bean Casserole hot garnished with the crumbs.