Dill Cheese Casserole
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp process american cheese||4 Ounce|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped dill pickle||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Melt the butter in a saucepan and then blend in the all-purpose flour, salt and prepared mustard.
3) Add the milk and stir well. Cook till the mixture has thickened and is bubbly.
4) Add the cheese and continue to cook and stir till melted.
5) Add a small amount of the ot mixture into the egg yolks and stir well. Put the mixture back in the saucepan.
6) Cook and stir the mixture till it is bubbly and then add the cooked macaroni.
7) Combine together the cream-style cottage cheese and the chopped dill pickle.
8) In a 10x6x1 3/4-inch baking dish, spread half of the macaroni mixture and top with the remaining cottage cheese mixture. Top with the remaining half of macaroni mixture.
9) Combine together the soft bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle the mixture on top of the layers of the casserole.
10) Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, till done.
11) Serve the Dilled Cheese Casserole while it is still hot. Makes a good main dish and can be served with a light salad on the side.