Chili Pepper and Rice Casserole
|Cooked long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese with jalapenos||1 Ounce, divided|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped tomato||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned green chiles||2 Tablespoon, drained, seeded, diced|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, add the cooked rice, 1/2 the amount of cheese, sour cream, chopped tomato, diced peppers and chopped parsley. Mix thoroughly.
2) Take a 2-cup microwavable casserole and spray the insides with a nonstick cooking spray.
3) Spread the rice and tomato mixture evenly in the casserole.
4) Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the rice mixture.
5) Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Turn the casserole around midway through the cooking process so that it is heated evenly.
6) The Chili Pepper and Rice Casserole is done when the rice is heated through and the cheese starts to bubble and melt.
7) Garnish the Chili Pepper and Rice Casserole with a few chopped parsley leaves before serving hot.
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.5 mg3.2%
Sodium 135.2 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 28.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet