Mixed Rice Casserole
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Pork||1 Pound, diced|
|Chicken breast||1 , cubed|
|Raw shrimp||1⁄4 Pound, shelled, deveined, and diced|
|Raw rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground anise||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Pimentos||3 , julienned|
1) In a large casserole or deep skillet, heat the oil. (Leave aside 1 teaspoon of oil to prepare the omelet later.)
2) In the hot oil, saute the scallions and garlic, until brown.
3) To this, add the pork, chicken, and shrimp.
4) Saute the mix for 5 minutes.
5) Now, gradually stir in the rice, broth, salt, pepper, cinnamon, anise, ginger, and vinegar.
6) Cook, covered over low heat for 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
7) Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil.
8) In the hot oil, add the beaten eggs and prepare 2 omelets.
9) Roll up the omelets and with a knife, cut them into narrow strips.
10) Into the rice mixture, gently mix in the omelet strips.
11) Serve hot, garnished with pimento slices. You can serve a green salad to accompany the rice.