|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Pork||1 Pound, cut in 1/2-inch cubes|
|Raw shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, shelled, deveined, and cut in half|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Spanish paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Pimentos||4 , cut julienne|
|Eggs||4 , hard-cooked , sliced thin|
|Bananas||4 , cut in 2-inch pieces|
1) In skillet heat oil and sautÃ© onions, garlic, pork and shrimp until browned, stirring continuously.
2) Add salt, pepper, paprika and rice.
3) Cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Gradually add the beaten egg, mix with 2 forks until blended.
5) Taste for seasoning.
6) Oil a casserole or baking dish thoroughly.
7) Arrange the sliced eggs and pimentos on the bottom.
8) Place all the rice mixture on it.
9) Cover it with a piece of aluminum foil and place the casserole in a pan of water.
10) Simmer for 30 minutes.
11) Serve carefully onto the serving dish and garnish with bananas sautÃ©ed in butter.
Calories 981 Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.4%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 502.4 mg167.5%
Sodium 1234 mg51.4%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.4%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 55 g110.5%
Vitamin A 64.8% Vitamin C 121.9%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 37.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet