Rice Casserole Noire
|Green chilies||2 Can (20 oz), peeled|
|Peeled green chilies||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Sour cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Ripe black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mild cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Finely chop the chilies and keep aside. Use kitchen gloves while doing so.
2. Slice cheese into strips, about 1-inch thick.
3. Grease a 2-quart casserole with butter.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
1. In a bowl, combine chopped chilies, sour cream and olives.
2. Toss the cooked rice with salt and pepper, if not already seasoned.
3. Make multiple layers of rice, sour cream mixture and cheese strips alternately in the casserole.
4. Top with grated Cheddar and sprinkle with paprika.
5. Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. The cheese on top should be melted and browned in specs.
6. Take the dish straight from the over to the table and enjoy the rice while hot and cheesy.