Chili Relleno Casserole
|Rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Uncooked rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned fat free refried beans||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned diced green chilies||10 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Diced green chilies||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) As per the directions on the package, cook the rice.
3) Combine together the onions, garlic powder, tomato sauce and oregano. Mix well and set aside.
4) Use cooking spray to coat a 1 Â½-quart casserole dish.
5) Mix together the rice and beans.
6) In the bottom of the prepared casserole dish, spread Â½ of the bean-rice mixture.
7) Top with a layer of chopped chilies and Â½ cup of shredded cheese.
8) Cover the layers with the remaining bean-rice mixture and pour tomato sauce all over the layers.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
10) Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese all over and heat in the oven for another 5 minutes, till the cheese melts.
11) Serve the casserole hot on a serving platter as a main dish.
Calories 969 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.9 mg11.6%
Sodium 1547.3 mg64.5%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g54.9%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.5%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 41 g81.4%
Vitamin A 77.1% Vitamin C 691.3%
Calcium 53.3% Iron 69.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet