Chili Relleno Casserole
|Mild whole green chili peppers, canned, drained||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, shredded|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 1 1/2-quart casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, arrange the chili peppers evenly at the bottom and sprinkle with cheese, keep aside.
3) In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff.
4) In another small mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks with a rubber scraper, then gently fold the egg yolks into the egg whites.
5) Spread the mixture over chili peppers touching sides of the casserole.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until the topping is puffed and lightly browned.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.