Party Chicken Casserole
|Fryer chicken||5 Pound (2, 21/2 Pound Each)|
|White wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Uncle ben's white and wild rice with herbs package||2|
|Celery rib||3 (Chopped)|
|Onion||1 Medium (Chopped)|
|Sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Half and half cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a skillet, add fryers. Stir in wine, salt and enough water to cover the fryers.
3) Simmer until done to the desired consistency.
4) Remove the chicken from the skillet. Let the broth remain in the skillet.
5) Remove the bones and cut into bite size pieces.
6) In 5 cups of broth, cook the rice for 25 minutes, or until almost dry.
7) In a pan, heat butter.
8) In hot butter, saute celery, onions, and mushrooms until soft.
9) To this, add mushroom soup, sour cream, Half and Half cream and chicken pieces.
10) With cooked rice, combine the chicken mix gently.
11) Transfer to a large buttered casserole and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
12) Serve hot with a green salad.
You can cook the chicken the day before serving and refrigerate. You can also prepare the entire casserole the day before and refrigerate until baking time.