Chicken Casserole With Cream Of Mushroom Soup
|Celery ribs||6 (Plus Few More)|
|Celery ribs||6 , chopped|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sharp cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
|Vermicelli||1⁄2 Pound, cooked|
|Stuffed olives||1 Small|
|Green stuffed olives||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Small Bottle)|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), slivered|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted and slivered|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In boiling salted water, add a few ribs of celery and cook hen.
3) When the meat is tender, remove from the stock.
4) Remove the bones and cut into bite size pieces.
5) In a deep pan, heat butter and saute chopped celery and onions, until soft.
6) To this, add broth, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings to taste.
7) Gradually add mushroom soup, cheese, cooked vermicelli and olives.
8) In a large greased casserole, place this mix.
9) Add almonds on top.
10) Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
11) Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.