Spring Ham Casserole
|Spaghetti||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fully cooked ham||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Button mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
1. Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until tender-crisp.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. In a medium-size (2-quart) casserole, combine butter and vegetables.
4. Cover dish with its lid or with cling film.
5. Microwave at HIGH for about 4 minutes, or until onion is limp.
6. Stir in flour, bouillon granules and white pepper to make a smooth paste
7. Gradually add the half and half, stirring vigorously to make a smooth paste.
8. Place the dish in the microwave and set the power to 7.
9. Cook the sauce for about 4 1/2 minutes, stirring once half way, until it is thick and smooth.
10. Add ham, mushrooms and cooked spaghetti and toss to mix and coat spaghetti with sauce.
11. Return to the microwave at the same power for another 5 minutes or until hot, stirring once to halfway through cooking.
12. Pile the spaghetti into deep dish plates and sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
13. Serve hot.
Calories 702 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.7%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.4 mg49.5%
Sodium 803.6 mg33.5%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 42 g83.7%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 73.2%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet