I love the ease and versatility of this recipe. It's so easy to create a whole new dish just by changing up the sauce and add-ins. I love making mexican casserole using taco sauce and adding in black beans and corn. Yum!
Dry spiral pasta
3 Cup (48 tbs), uncooked
2 Tablespoon (Use more if required)
1⁄3 Medium, dice
Green bell pepper
1⁄2 Medium, dice
3 Medium, mince
2 Cup (32 tbs) (I used half pizza sauce and half tomato cheese margahetta pasta sauce)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (I used white cheddar and pizza cheese blend))
1. In a pot pour water to fill half. Add the pasta and salt.
2. Bring it to boil on medium heat and cook for another 10 minutes or till al dente.
3. Drain in a colander and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Transfer the pasta into a bowl and season with Italian seasoning.
6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, mix well and set aside.
7. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add the onions, peppers and garlic.
8. Saute till onions are translucent.
9. Add this to the seasoned pasta. Mix well.
10. In the pan put the meat and brown it. Drain if too much liquid is rendered.
11. Put the pasta mixture into the pan and mix well till all combined.
12. Pour the pizza sauce and pasta sauce (if using). Mix well till all ingredients are coated (at this stage taste and adjust the seasonings if required).
13. In a casserole dish, pour the whole mixture. Sprinkle with the cheeses generously.
14. Bake for around 15 minutes or till the cheese melts.
15. Remove from oven and let it sit for a few minutes and sprinkle Italian seasoning on top before serving.
16. In a serving plate, serve this casserole as a main dish with a side dish of your choice.
You can add in any other favorite pizza toppings like black olives, mushroom etc.
Italian dinner tonight?? Go for this creamy turkey pasta casserole. This video makes a fabulous dish loaded with rich herbs, cheese and turkey. Make sure you do not over cook the pasta. Try it and it will become a new tradition in your home cooking menu.