Cracker Barrel's Ham and Cheese Casserole - CopyKat.com
|Lean ham/Sausage||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), cooked and diced (or steak, bacon)|
|Sourdough bread slices||1 , crust removed|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mild cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a greased casserole dish, place the sourdough bread in the bottom.
2. In a bowl, put the eggs, salt, pepper and evaporated milk and mix well.
3. Pour the egg mixture all over the bread.
4. Sprinkle diced ham and shredded cheese over egg mixture and cover with plastic wrap.
5. Refrigerate the casserole overnight or at least five for hours.
6. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes in preheated oven, depending on the depth of the casserole dish and until the egg does not wiggle when the dish is shaken.
7. Serve hot for breakfast.
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.2 mg76.1%
Sodium 545.4 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.32 g1.3%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 0.65%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet