|Onion||1 Large, peeled, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, minced|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, cut in 1/2 inch cubes (Or Small)|
|Zucchini||3 Medium, sliced thin|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded, sliced|
|Canned peeled tomatoes||12 Ounce, drained, cut in quarters (Reserve Juice, 1 Can)|
|Parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Other oil you prefer||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, basil and parsley.
2. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot layer half the vegetables in the given order.
3. Sprinkle with half the herb-salt.
4. Repeat layering with remaining half of vegetables and sprinkle with remaining herb-salt.
5. Generously drizzle olive oil over the vegetables.
6. Cover the pot with its lid.
7. Slow cook the vegetables on HIGH for about 4 hours or if you are not in a hurry and want to serve them for dinner, cook on LOW for about 8 hours.
8. Carefully lift and dish out in a casserole dish. Try to keep the layers intact.
9. Serve hot or cold as a side dish.
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 305.1 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.8%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 38.3% Vitamin C 127.8%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 47.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet