Turkey Sausage Casserole
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|1% low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons)|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Smoked turkey sausage||1⁄3 Pound, fully cooked, sliced (Sausage Links)|
|Smoked turkey sausage||1⁄3 Pound, fully cooked and sliced|
|Fresh parsley||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup water, the milk, flour, broth mix, and pepper.
2. In a 2-quart microwavable casserole, mix onion and margarine.
3. Cover and cook on High for 2 minutes until onion is translucent; after 1 minute, stir once.
4. Add carrot and peas.
5. Cover and microwave on High for another 2 minutes until peas are heated; while cooking stir once after 1 minute.
6. Pour in the whisked milk mixture; mix well.
7. Cook on High for 4 minutes until the mixture thickens; stir vigorously once between cooking.
8. Stir in sausage and parsley; microwave on High for 3 minutes until the sausage is heated thoroughly; stir once after every minute.
9. Serve hot.