Orange Chicken Casserole
|Uncooked long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried currants||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pistachios||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breasts||3⁄4 Pound, skinned, boned|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried leaf tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned mandarin oranges||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
2) In a bowl, combine chicken broth, orange juice, currants and pistachios.
3) Use a shallow 2-quart baking dish to spray with vegetable cooking spray.
4) Evenly spread rice over bottom of dish.
5) Pour the liquid mixture over rice and arrange the chicken breast on top.
6) Brush chicken with yogurt and season by sprinkling tarragon and paprika.
7) Cover with foil and bake about 30 minutes, without putting any cover.
8) Add oranges and continue baking about 15 minutes until chicken is done.
9) Serve by garnishing with fresh orange slices.