Chicken And Vegetable Casserole
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Green pepper||1 Small, seeded and shredded|
|Condensed cream of tomato soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|Water||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Soup Tin)|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Long grain rice||6 Ounce|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, trimmed and sliced|
1. Trim the chicken joints and brown in hot butter on both sides.
2. Preheat the oven at 400°F.
3. Take a fireproof casserole or baking dish and remove the joints in it.
4. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
5. Add green pepper, tomato soup and water, seasoning and herbs. Bring it to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Pour in the rice on chicken in casserole and add the sauce on the top. Add the mushrooms and cover the lid.
7. Place in oven to cook for 1 hour. Keep stirring to prevent rice sticking.
8. When rice and chicken are tender, remove in a serving dish.
9. Serve hot with a tossed salad.