Chuck Wagon Beef Casserole
|Cubed cooked beef||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Bacon slices||1⁄2 Pound, cut in 1 inch pieces (12 Slices)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tarragon leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Canned red kidney beans||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned chickpeas||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a paper bag shake beef cubes with flour to coat evenly.
2. In a large frying pan saute bacon until crisp, remove and drain on paper toweling.
3. Pour off all fat and return 2 tablespoonfuls to pan.
4. Add beef cubes, brown and remove.
5. Into drippings in pan stir any remaining flour and stir in beef broth, paprika and tarragon.
6. Cook with constant stirring such that the mixture thickens and boils 1 minute.
7. Into a shallow 8-cup baking dish, spoon beans, chick peas, corn and celery.
8. Top with browned beef cubes and bacon and pour sauce over.
9. Bake in moderate oven at 350° for 30 minutes such that bubbly-hot.
10. Serve hot with desired garnish.