Skate Noodle Casserole
|Egg noodles||12 Ounce|
|Low fat milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned evaporated skim milk||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Skate fillets||1 Pound, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares (Pan Ready)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sherry||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh bread crumbs/Crushed buttery crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh parsley||2 (For Garnish)|
1) Cook noodles in boiling water, rinse, drain, and keep aside.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
3) Take a 3-quart saucepan, and blend milk with onion, salt, pepper, pepper sauce, and evaporated milk.
4) Let it simmer for 10 minutes ensuring to stir constantly.
5) Add in skate and let it simmer for another 3 minutes.
6) Remove the skillet from heat and keep aside.
7) Take a skillet, heat butter and oil, and saute mushroom until lightly brown.
8) Add flour and stir and then remove the pan from heat.
9) Use a strainer to add milk mixture used to cook skate ensuring to stir thoroughly.
10) Return skillet to heat and cook until the sauce thickens and then drizzle sherry.
11) In a large bowl, combine mushroom sauce with noodles, onion, and skate.
12) Take large casserole dish and arrange over it.
13) Combine remaining butter and crumbs and sprinkle over the casserole.
14) Bake at 350 degree, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
15) Decorate with parsley and serve.