Dill Salmon Casserole
|Canned salmon||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Evaporated milk||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Quick cooking rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Saltine crackers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley crushed|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Minced onion||2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Parsley flakes||2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Shredded swiss cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 Deg F.
2) Drain the salmon, remove the skin, bones and flake.
3) Reserve the liquid.
4) In a bowl, add the flaked salmon, reserved liquid, water, evaporated milk, water chestnuts, uncooked rice, crushed crackers, dried onion, dried parsley, pepper, lemon juice and dill-weed; mix well.
5) Pour into a 1-quart casserole.
6) Cover and bake in the oven for about 20 min or until the rice is cooked.
7) Sprinkle with the cheese.
8) Bake for further 5 min to melt the cheese.
9) Serve in a nice dish.