Company Fish And Macaroni Casserole
|Boiling salted water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Small, cut into pieces|
|Onion||1 Small, cut|
|Cod/Haddock fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Elbow macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fish liquid||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light cream/Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Mild cheddar cheese/Swiss cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
|Dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat hot oven (425°F.)
2) In a saucepan boil water. Add carrot, onion, and fish to it.
3) Simmer till fish is cooked but not overcooked.
4) Drain and keep the stock.
5) Remove carrot and onion.
6) Cut fish into small cubes.
7) Cook macaroni and drain from water.
8) In a skillet melt 3 tablespoons butter.
9) Mix in flour and cook on low heat.
10) Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
11) Mix fish liquid and cream.
12) Add to the flour mixture stirring.
13) Cook on low heat till thick. Take off from heat.
14) Beat egg yolk and wine and add to the mixture 1 teaspoon at a time.
15) Grease 1 1/2 to 2-quart baking dish with butter and put a layer of cooked macaroni.
16) Sprinkle grated cheese on top and layer with fish. Cover with sauce on the top.
17) Repeat the layers till final layer is made with macaroni.
18) Sprinkle crumbs and remaining cheese on top.
19) Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
20) Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
21) Serve hot.