Vegetables En Casserole
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turnip||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced onion||1 , sliced|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Wash and soak the rice.
2. Prepare vegetables.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
4. Butter a large casserole dish.
5. Drain the rice well.
6. In the buttered casserole, layer the rice topped with turnips, peas, tomato slices, onion slices and potatoes. Sprinkle salt, pepper and all spice after each layer.
7. Pour hot stock into the casserole.
8. Cover the casserole with its lid or with foil and place in the preheated oven
9. Slow cook the rice for 3 hours, until rice and vegetables are tender.
10. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
11. Serve straight out of the casserole.
12. Accompany with a stew.