Codfish and Potato Casserole
|Frozen potato patties||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Salted codfish||1⁄4 Pound (Freshened)|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Freshen the salted codfish, by placing under cold running water for 5 minutes.
3) Cover with cold water and let stand overnight.
4) Drain the water and flake.
5) In a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole, place the potato patties.
6) Place the codfish and add the onion.
7) Pour in cream and dot with butter.
8) Cover with a lid and place inside oven to bake for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender, stirring with a fork to break up potato patties after 15 and 45 minutes of baking.
9) Before serving, garnish with slices of canned cranberry sauce cut in shape of fish, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1458 Calories from Fat 917
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g159.7%
Saturated Fat 54.1 g270.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 359.4 mg119.8%
Sodium 6685.9 mg278.6%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 41 g82.1%
Vitamin A 56.1% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 0.77%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet