Spicy Black Bean Casserole with Vegetables and Cheese
|Black beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Rinsed)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Orange pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Spicy chilli sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Red pepper flakes||2 Pinch|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Jack and cheddar mix cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Avocado oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Take a bowl and add the washed and rinsed black beans, tomato sauce, celery, onions, red and orange peppers.
2. Add the spices such as chilli powder and the ginger. Also add cilantro, cilli sauce and maple syrup. Mix and combine well.
3. Take a baking dish and spray with olive oil and pour in the mixture. Flatten the mixture out in the baking dish. Sprinkle a mix of bread crumbs and cheese making sure even distribution of the bread crumbs and the cheese.
4. Bake at 350 F for 60 minutes.
5. The spicy black bean casserole can be topped with some avocado oil drizzled over it and can be served with baked tortillas
You can do a variation by putting the cheese and the breadcrumbs on when it has about 15 minutes left to cook.
Then it gets a little less crunchy and gooey.
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8 mg2.7%
Sodium 367.4 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 14 g27.9%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 59.2%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet