Tomato Rice Casserole
|Long grain rice||2 Ounce|
|Condensed cream of tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||120 Milliliter (1 Soup Can)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Grated cheddar cheese||6 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (Or Heaped Tablespoon)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Rinse the rice in cold water, drain and put it in a saucepan. Stir in the condensed tomato soup and water.
3) Add the seasoning, cover the pan with a lid and bring the ingredients to a boil. Reduce the heat and gently cook, covered, over low heat for about 35 minutes till the rice has softened. Occasionally stir to prevent burning.
4) Take the pan off the heat and stir in 4 ounces of the cheese as well as the egg.
5)Pour the concoction into a greased 1 - 1 1/2 pint baking dish.
6) In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Take the pan off the heat and with a fork, stir in the breadcrumbs and the remaining cheese. Once the butter has been absorbed, sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
7) In the center of the preheated oven, place the casserole and bake for about 15 minutes or till the preparation is crisp and brown.
8) Serve immediately with slices of buttered toast.