Mustard Pork Casserole
|Pork belly||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Made mustard||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Onions||2 Large, skinned and sliced|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Pint|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1/2 Small Lemon)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
1) Wash and wipe the meat.
2) Remove the excess fat, bones and rind from the meat.
3) Cut it into thin slices and season with mustard.
4) In a frying pan, melt the lard and fry the pork until brown from all the sides.
5) Remove the pork from the oil and keep aside.
6) Reheat the pan and add fry the onions until golden in color.
7) Remove the onions from the pan.
8) To the pan add flour and mix with remaining fat.
9) Stir for few minutes and cook.
10) Remove the pan from the heat.
11) In boiling water, dissolve stock cube and mix in the flour along with lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce.
12) Keep the pan again on heat and while stirring boil the stock until sauce thickens.
13) Season the sauce.
14) In a large casserole, put pork and onion and pour the sauce over them.
15) Cook, covered in the oven over baking sheet at the temperature fo 325 degree F for approximately 1 1/4 hours or until pork is completely cooked and tender.
16) Cool the casserole.
17) Reheat before serving.
Calories 1185 Calories from Fat 638
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g108.9%
Saturated Fat 22.3 g111.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 366.8 mg122.3%
Sodium 565.2 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 111 g222.3%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 30.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet