Potato Cheese Casserole
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalks||4 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced cooked potatoes||8 Cup (128 tbs) (12 Potatoes)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender.
Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.
3) Blend in the flour and seasonings to taste.
4) Gradually stir in the milk, stir continuously and cook until smooth and thick . Alternately, cook in the microwave on MEDIUM for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
5) Stir in the cheese until melted.
6) Mix the sauce with the potatoes and spoon the mixture into a greased 3-quart baking dish.
7) Sprinkle evenly with the crumbs, cover and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned. Alternately, cook in the microwave on MEDIUM for 10-12 minutes.
8) Serve immediately in a nice plate.